Revision as of 18:44, 11 November 2007 by STrRedWolf (1 revision(s))
Various inhabited planets and stations use different representations of time. This page describes how to sync them.
In this page, you may assume Sol 3 standard measurements of hours, minutes, and seconds.
- Canmephian System -- Canmeph 2 runs a 28 hour day, with minor adjustments. Canmeph 3, 5, and the Babylon stations sync against this timeframe.
- Terranian System -- Sol 3 runs a 24 hour day, with minor adjustments.
- Serpentine System -- Until further study, this information is unknown.
- Between Canmephian and Terranian Systems -- Both governments, schollars, news agencies, and laypeople recognize Jan 1st, 2400, 00:00:00 on Sol 3 as also being Jan 1st, 6000, 00:00:00 on Canmeph 2. All date math now uses this fact to recalculate times.
- Canmephian law requires resyncing of times after jumping from Hyperspace. Timeservers are provided via the Intergalactic Network Gateways.